Thursday 17 May 2018

Sk8r Boi

On Thursday evenings I have ice-skating lessons.  I've been having them for a little over a year, now. When I started, they put me in a Level 3 group (Level 3 in the NISA scheme), because I could already skate around a bit from going a bit when I was a kid, though never having had any formal lessons.

It's been somewhat slow progress.  I passed Level 3 only a couple of months ago, and then now tonight passed Level 4.  I definitely notice the improvement, and I am more confident when I am on the ice with my kids.  It's a lot of fun, though I'm a bit nervous at the amount of backwards skating that is done at Level 5.  Still, it's nothing that I can't achieve with enough practice and determination. It also helps that I chose to live within walking distance of the nearest ice rink.

No comments:

Post a Comment